Psychological Wellness Programs
These programs are unique to Hamptons Mindful Youth – meaning you won’t find these at any other therapy practice.
They can be taken individually, in a group format, and are now also being offered in the school setting. If you are currently working in a school and would like to learn more- please contact us for further information.
Although not intended to be a replacement for individual therapy, these Psychological Wellness Programs provide an opportunity for children, adolescents, and parents to be trained in concrete skills in several domains, ranging from Social Emotional Learning to Parent Training and Behavior Management.
Individual and Group Therapy
In some cases, children, teens, and even parents may need more specific treatment for issues that cannot be addressed through skills building. Some examples might include:
- Anxiety Related Disorders
- Depression and Low Self-Esteem
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Deficits in Executive Functioning
- Externalizing Disorders including Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder
- Social Skills Deficits
- Emotional Intelligence and Self-Regulation
- Parent Support and Training including Behavior Intervention Plans for the home
Individual therapy interventions at Hamptons Mindful Youth focus on the principles of Positive Psychology centered on recognizing individual strengths and promoting wellness and resilience.
Children and teens are taught to incorporate mindfulness and acceptance-based coping skills into their daily lives. Research has shown that these interventions can be highly effective in helping to reduce stress, pain, depressive symptoms, and anxiety while helping to increase areas of executive functioning such as the ability to focus attention and regulate emotions.
Based on the client’s individual preferences and needs, other top tier interventions are offered, such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Parent Support and Training.
Sometimes, parents and kids just need answers.
Psychological assessment (also called psychological testing or evaluation) is a service that helps provide diagnostic clarity, investigates intellectual and emotional functioning, and delivers insight regarding a child’s strengths and weaknesses.
Some examples of issues that can be assessed for include:
- Cognitive/ Intelligence Evaluation
- Evaluation of Behavioral and Social Emotional Functioning
- Personality and Vocational Assessments
- Clinical Assessments for determining the presence of a specific diagnosis – such as for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- And more (contact us for specific queries)
Interested? Let’s Connect!
Hampton’s Mindful Youth, PLLC is conveniently located in Sag Harbor, and easily accessible from East Hampton, Bridgehampton, Watermill, Southampton, and Shelter Island.
We are currently operating inside Sag Harbor Integrative Medicine Associates (SHIMA)
34 Bay Street, Suite 204 – Sag Harbor, N.Y. 11963
Our mailing address is:
Hamptons Mindful Youth – Psychological Wellness Services, PLLC
51 Division Street
Sag Harbor, N.Y. 11963